Many people come to Fiji not realising that there is so much more to experience than the areas surrounding the international airport in Nadi. travelling
When I first visited Fiji I only saw a very small area, not realising that there was a huge array of experiences and sights both on and off the main islands. If I had my time again as a first time visitor to Fiji – these are the areas I’d want to visit.
My Dream Itinerary for Travelling around Fiji
Day 1-5: Denerau and Nadi Region
- Head to my favourite hotel in Denarau Palms Apartments to drink fruit smoothies and relax by the pool.
- All the resorts in Denerau are connected – if you get into one, you can explore the others! Take the time to explore the Denarau Marina and the other resorts. Some of my favourite places include the Sheraton Resort’s infinity pool and the Sheraton Resort’s seaside bar for a delicious seafood platter.
- Take a half day cruise to the Mamanuca Islands. Snorkel, swim, kayak, eat, drink and be merry!
- Visit Lautoka Mud Pools and Nadi Temple.
Day 6 – 8: Coral Coast
- Drive down the Coral Coast.
- Make stops at Natadola – the white sand beach, the Sigatoka Sand dunes or Kula Eco Park for some sights along the way.
- Stop at the Eco-Cafe for Lunch.
- Check in to Mango Bay Resort for a relaxing afternoon by the sea.
- Head further down the Coral Coastline to Uprising Fiji (preferably ensure your stay includes a Sunday for live entertainment)
- Consider a day trip up the Navua river to visit a traditional village and swim under a waterfall.
Day 10-13: Suva
- If visiting on a Saturday, check out the fish market.
- Have breakfast at Govenor’s
- Visit the Museum to learn about Fiji’s history
- Watch the sunset at the holiday inn
- Find yourself a rugby game
- Visit Colo-I-Suva Rainforest and then treat yourself to a Brie burger at the eco-lodge
Day 14-17: Leluvia Island Resort
- Relax for a few days on Leluvia
Day 18-23: Taveuni Island
- Fly or take an overnight ferry from Suva – Taveuni Island
- Explore Taveuni, Fiji’s beautiful garden island
- Slide down a natural waterslide
- Visit enormous waterfalls
Day 23-27: Overland
- Trek the beautiful interior of Fiji with Talanoa Treks
Day 28 – 31: Yasawa Islands
- Return to the Western side of Fiji to spend your last few days relaxing and exploring the arphilago of the Yasawa Islands
- Swim with the Manta Rays
And make sure you don’t finish up your experience without having tried all of these delicious foods!
This is just me! You can also dive with tiger sharks off the Coral Coast, see the fire walkers on Beqa island, visit the Pacific Islands only UNESCO site – Levuka City, or meet the happiest people in the world in Labasa town.
For more ideas, check out this list: 100 things to do in Fiji!
For travelling travelling travelling