Recently, Josh and I were sent to a training program in Adelaide. We decided to make the best of a free plane ticket and travel around the state. I haven’t written anything about it until now, so if you’re looking to go to South Australia here are some things you might consider doing…!
1. Eat at St Louis’s Ice Creamery
2. Have the best breakfast in Australia at the Flinders St Project in Adelaide.
3. Head North to Barossa Valley for wineries and a picnic basket at Maggie Beers.
4. Visit the quaint German town of Hahndorf
Where you can eat lunch at a German pub, and then pick strawberries and buy sauces at the famous Beerenberg Strawberry Farm!
5. Check out a beach. My favourite is south of Adelaide, at a place called Port Noarlunga.
There is a great place to stay here called the Coastview Motor Inn. I highly recommend as the staff are lovely and you’ll have a fantastic ocean view.
6. Drive through the Countryside
Maybe meet a llama who sticks his tongue out at you!
7. Head to Kangaroo Island
To see the pretty much every animal Australia has to offer, in abundance.
This guy was just sitting on the side of the road!
The remarkable rocks
8. Travel through Meningie to spot a pink lake.
You can find directions here.
9. Make it to Mt Gambier to see a blue one!
10. And Umpherston Sinkhole
11. And as an extra bonus, if you’re going to make it as far as Mt Gambier, you can head into Victoria to see the 12 Apostles.