1. There are no taxis! It was enough to make me panic at my lack of planning when we arrived at the airport. Fortunately though, every accommodation has free bus transfers!
2. Flies. In your mouth, in your eyes, in your face. So many millions of flies that within one hour you have been driven insane.
3. The hot, dry heat is like no where else in the world
4. Hot water…. is just called ‘water’.
5. Air conditioning is your best friend.
6. You’re fascinated by the red dirt and are left contemplating how this planet is so magically diverse.
7. Aboriginal culture is acknowledged and respected, everywhere.